Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Do You Know Where Your Kid is?

Before you ask no I'm not a cop. Not yet. But I have my eye set on becoming one. One thing that you should know is I am a mom. So I think like a future cop but more I think like a mom. So when I see kids easily young enough to be my kid, and doing something that just screams 'I'm and indiot'. My first thought is 'where is your parents?' My second thought is 'Do you realize that what your about to do is illegal?' We all see those dumb for lack of a better term hoodlums on the cop shows and we say to ourselves at least that isn't my kid and then when you look around, you don't know where the kid is. People we are told in the bible 'he who is without sin cast the first stone', and for me it's easy because my daughter is young enough to understand that if mommy says that's bad, I shouldn't do it. I want to say to all the parents out there that want to be their kids friend. Be a friend, but be a parent FIRST. Know where your kid is, and what they are doing it will give those that are cops and those of us that want to be a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment